Ascot United are proud to have teamed up with HerGameToo, supporting their campaign fighting sexism in football.
At Ascot United FC we are proud of our well-established ladies’ and girls’ sections who are an integral part of our footballing community, with several hundred players representing the club impeccably. Only last weekend our Ladies’ Reserves won the Thames Valley League Division 3 East and our U16 girls were runners up in the Surrey County Cup final against the mighty Crystal Palace. We stand united in our views against all forms of discrimination and are aligned with HerGameToo’s principles, striving to be a catalyst for positive change.
HerGameToo was founded by 12 passionate female football fans; who are committed to growing the campaign with the aim of fostering an ethos in football in which women are welcomed and respected equally with the following aims:
- Create awareness
- Develop a strong sense of community
- Create regular content to champion women in football (players, staff AND fans)
- Create strong relationships with clubs
- Create strong relationships with club trusts and communities
- Have a presence at football grounds and sports bars to build a more welcoming environment for young girls and women
- Continue to campaign against sexism in football
- Continue to campaign against online abuse
Keaton August and Izzy Woods, respective members of the Ascot United Men’s and Ladies’ teams are proudly pictured next to our new pitchside board.